Audits for Non-Profit Organizations
We provide audit services to over 70 non-profit organizations throughout Texas. We are currently providing audits to non-profit organizations in San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Amarillo, El Paso, Austin, San Marcos, New Braunfels and Seguin.
Additionally, we are affiliated with Gonzalez & Walker, CPAs and Bennoch & Walker, CPAs in Houston, where we provide audit services to another 25+ non-profit organizations.
Other Services We Provide to Non-Profit Organizations:
- Reviewed Financial Statements – Some small non-profits do not want to pay the expense of an annual audit and, therefore, elect to get an audit every 3 years and a review in the years in between. A review consists of inquiry and analytical procedures, and it does not include confirmations or obtaining other 3rd party evidence.
- Compiled Financial Statements – This is the lowest level of service. A compilation consists of taking the client’s information and preparing the financial statements in accordance with the generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) format.
- Agreed Upon Procedures – Typically this includes a compiled financial statement and a report of the findings on specific processes. Most of our agreed upon procedures engagements include review and testing of internal control structures.
- Tax Services – We prepare over 175 non-profit tax returns each year. We know the importance of the non-profit tax return to the Grantor, Foundation and Donor Community. All 501(c)(3) form 990s are posted to Guidestar and are available to the public. Non-profits need to make sure that their 990s are donor friendly.
Types of Non-Profit Entities Served
We provide audit, tax and consulting services to all types of non-profits including 501(c)2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and 501(c)10s.
The specific types of non-profits include:
- Religious Organizations
- Charitable Organizations
- Private Schools
- Charter Schools
- Regional Advisory Councils
- Healthcare Non-Profits